The Top 5 Reasons Why Consulting Agencies Fail at Scaling – E31
So you’re ready to scale your consulting agency.
Business is good. You have lots of projects coming in. You’re profitable. Maybe you’re even thinking about hiring more staff to help you out. This is a pivotal time in your business. And there are common pitfalls that can keep you from scaling successfully.
In today’s podcast episode, Mandi takes a deeper dive into the top 5 reasons consulting agencies fail at scaling.
- Weak Vision – The vision needs to be strong enough to inspire the CEO to scale, and to inspire your team to care about your business as much as you do.
- Weak Offer – Your offer needs to be so incredibly valuable that your clients will do whatever it takes to get your support.
- Mindset – Making a bigger offer means making a bigger promise. And that can be uncomfortable. It means shifting your mindset, and doing the internal work to grow and expand as a leader.
- Responsibility – At the end of the day, everything that shows up in your business (your bills, your service, your staff, etc.) is your responsibility. You can try and shift blame, but at the end of the day, it’s your signature on the dotted line. Your results are your responsibility. Your growth is your responsibility.
- Fixing the Wrong Thing – If you focus on the wrong thing at the wrong time, it can lead you to being more and more trapped in the business. There’s a big difference between growing your business and scaling your business.
There is a better way to scale that requires less of you.
Employing simple, practical, and proven solutions to address these pitfalls can help you successfully scale your consulting agency, and create the business you’ve always wanted.
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for a while, you’ll know that Mandi has been sharing bits and pieces of the roadmap she uses for Hands-Off CEO™ clients. But she’s never given away the keys to the castle for FREE before.
On Wednesdays at 1pm Pacific, Mandi’s shares all five steps to the roadmap LIVE during our Executive Briefings! Then she opens up the floor for you to ask any questions you want about scaling your business. Because the Executive Briefings are small and intimate, you’ll get individualized attention and the opportunity to see what the roadmap could look like applied to your business.
We’d love to have you! Join the waitlist for the next Executive Briefing at handsoffceo.com/briefing.
Leave a review
If you’re finding a lot of value from this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes!