4 Mandatory Hiring Traits of an Operations Manager – E69
Mandi Ellefson’s guest is Zac Stucki, founder of Homeric Consulting Services and the Operations Advisor at Hands-Off CEO. Zac’s specialization is scaling service-based companies, and dealing with the operational constraints and challenges of fast-growing organizations. His education and training is an asset to the Hands-Off CEO tribe, bringing their operations advising to a whole new level.
You’ll hear Mandi and Zac talk about:
- “A lot of times, businesses misunderstand what operations is all about,” Zac says. He describes the connection between sales and operations. [3:14]
- One challenge in the hiring process is aptly determining if you’re going to get the quality of employees you need to bring your company to the standard and performance you envision. “Oftentimes, what you’re going to [do] is bring in someone you can elevate to that level,” Zac shares. [5:13]
- Being more assertive and articulate about your vision helps your team gain clarity on how to execute it. [10:26]
- The biggest resistance is not showing up, Mandi finds. She and Zac explore how this affects the company. “When you have an ops manager or any leader on your team resisting development, you should be concerned,” she advises. “If they’re not eating it up with a big spoon… it’s a sign of their inability to look at themselves.” [16:37]
- The Great Resignation is inspired by people who are tired of showing up to work every day just to make someone richer. Mandi explains why it’s important to ensure your workplace is one that is driven by a higher purpose than just money. [23:25]